Luminaire is a set of six matte-controllable and completely customizable lighting effect plugins, developed exclusively for Final Cut Pro X
Noise Industries, developer of visual effects tools for the post-production and broadcast markets, introduces Luminaire by SUGARfx, available now in FxFactory. Luminaire is a set of six matte-controllable and completely customizable lighting effect plugins, developed exclusively for Final Cut Pro(R) X. Editors can simply drag and drop the desired Luminaire filter onto a video clip and customize effects for a unique look. Offering a wide variety of easy to understand parameters and the interactive On Screen Controls (OSC), Luminaire makes adding special lighting effects simple.
The Luminaire Effects Suite Includes the Following Filters:
- Dazzle Rays: A shine effect that uses a processed version of the image as a matte, as well as a circular or square shape matte to control how the effect is applied back onto the footage
- Glow Matte: A creative way to add glows to footage depending on the luminance matte processed from the footage
- Highlights: A glint generator that uses a matte extracted from the lighter sections of the footage; the highlights can be manipulated using the OSC and other parameters
- Light Sweep: A sweep of light that animates automatically in any given direction; animations can be fine-tuned to the tee
- Matte Sweep: A manual sweep of light that can optionally use a luminance matte extracted from the footage as a method of application
- Twinkle: An animated glint that behaves like an intermittent source of lights coming from the brightest parts of the image, thanks to a generated noise matte that can be easily manipulated
About SUGARfx Founder Ricardo Silva:
SUGARfx founder and broadcast designer Ricardo Silva has worked with an assortment of well-known entertainment giants including National Geographic, Discovery Channel, Telemundo, NBC, Univision, TLC, and Fox Sports International, and holds two Emmy(R)-nominations from 2001 and 2008 for “Outstanding Main Title Design” by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (ATAS).
Pricing and Availability:
SUGARfx Luminaire is available now through FxFactory for just $29.00 USD. For more info, visit Noise Industries online.
Final Cut Pro Effects Luminaire: http://www.noiseindustries.com/blog/final-cut-pro/luminaire-glows-glints-and-lighting-effects-for-fcp-x/
YouTube Video (Tutorial): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddsu5pnr9w8