iZotope Inc., the experts in intelligent audio technology, has launched Stutter Edit® 2, the latest plug-in collaboration with GRAMMY®-nominated composer and electronic musician Brian Transeau (BT). Stutter Edit 2 creates the famous “stutter” editing effect with one button, slicing audio into small fragments and sequencing the pieces into razor-sharp rhythmic effects, recreating techniques that previously took hours to perfect in a studio. In addition to these trademark stutter effects, performers and producers can juggle between a multitude of rhythmic gestures to build tension and create dynamics, both in live performances and studio arrangements.
This new version offers an easier setup experience and a greatly expanded suite of effects that give access to near-infinite combinations of sound. With new AUTO mode, users can add sounds to mixes without routing or easily connect a MIDI controller to access multiple gestures at once. The new version also includes an upgraded Distort module and new Comb, Chorus and Limiter modules, a new Reverb module from BT’s personal collection, along with a suite of 11 effects. Every parameter in Stutter Edit 2 can be set to move in time with the gesture, letting users create everything from automatic pans to jumping reverb effects and more.
- Stutter engine: Create instant rhythmic patterns out of any sound. Trap your hi hat. Make your vocals skip and jump. Turn percussion into pitch. Make an instant dubstep breakdown.
- *Improved* An easier setup with AUTO mode for auditioning sounds in a mix with hassle-free with one button. Or hook up a MIDI controller with step-by-step in-app help that detects a DAW.
- *New* Curve Editor affects any setting in Stutter Edit 2, letting you make sweeping filters, pumping reverbs, and blends of lo-fi energy. Drill into any setting to edit the curve in detail, or choose from 12 premade curves for instant inspiration.
- *New* effects modules: get the creative juices flowing with deeper controls and more options for motion and chaos. Stutter Edit 2 adds new Comb and Chorus modules, along with a full-featured Reverb and two-band Distort module.
- *New* Banks and gestures designed by BT deliver a wealth of effects, ideas, and sounds. Saved banks auto-map to your MIDI key keyboard, giving you dozens of gestures at your fingertips.
- *New* UI experience offers a logical workflow, with a new dedicated output section, easier Stutter controls, and a flexible system for saving banks and gestures.
BT is widely recognized for pioneering the “stutter edit” as a musical technique. He originally designed iZotope’s Stutter Edit® software to help automate his painstaking process for breaking audio into impossibly small fragments and using them for new sound synthesis. “Stutter Edit 2 is unique in that it offers world-class effects and complex rhythmic parameter sequencing in a form that is playable by anyone,” said BT. “We are excited for this updated version to launch as its predecessor has already found its way into the studios of some of the greatest sound designers and artists, and the effect can be heard all over blockbuster films, hit songs, commercials and trailers.” “With the first version of Stutter Edit, our collaboration with BT influenced music makers across every genre of music,” says iZotope co-founder and CEO Mark Ethier. “We are thrilled to continue our partnership with BT and launch the next chapter of this pioneering product.” Stutter Edit 2 is now available at www.izotope.com and select retailers. Stutter Edit 2 will also be available Rent-to-Own through Splice. Pricing details for new customers and upgrading customers can be found at www.izotope.com/stutteredit. Owners of the previous version Stutter Edit can find their upgrade coupons in their iZotope account.
With a career spanning nearly 25 years – BT is credited as a pioneer of the Trance and IDM genres and is the creator of the Stutter Edit technique, holds patents and trademarks, and a Guinness Book of world records award for the most edits in a recorded piece of music….ever. BT has written, produced, and remixed artists like Death Cab for Cutie, Peter Gabriel, Howard Jones, Tiesto. Depeche Mode, Armin Van Buuren, Sting, NSYNC, Blake Lewis, The Roots, Madonna, Britney Spears, and more. His full-length records are essential buys for any electronic music fan’s record collection. He has created a slew of plugins that are heard on the radio and in films every day. Stutter Edit has been used on everything from Star Wars and Stranger Things to #1 Country records. His latest plugins Phobos and BreakTweaker can be heard in upcoming films and productions galore. BT is also a classically trained symphonic composer, arranger, and orchestrator. He has composed a full score for films such as the Oscar-winning Monster starring Charlize Theron, The Fast and the Furious, and recently Solace starring Anthony Hopkins and the Amazon television show Electric Dreams. He also composed all of the music for the Tomorrowland section of Shanghai Disneyland.
At iZotope, we’re obsessed with great sound. Our intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award- winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. iZotope: the shortest path from sound to emotion. Founded in 2001, iZotope is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. To learn more, visit us at www.izotope.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.