AK-UC4000 and Videosys’ new 4K camera control unit system combine to reduce complexities of setting up a live event and broadcasting in 4K UHD
Panasonic has partnered with Videosys to showcase an integrated 4K camera solution, with the Videosys 4K Camera control unit on the Panasonic booth at IBC 2018.
Panasonic’s AK-UC4000 and Videosys’ new 4K camera control unit system combine to reduce the complexities that broadcasters face when setting up a live event and broadcasting in 4K UHD, saving costs and set up time.
The studio camera, launched in March 2018, received a high speed (2x 3x and 4x) firmware update and now has the capability for 4K output via the 12G-SDI outputs from the camera head and from the camera control unit. It operates in both HDR and SDR modes simultaneously, with the 4.4K sensor and 2/3 type B4 lens mount enabling true 4K resolution and high sensitivity images.
In addition, the Videosys camera control unit system combines camera control, a DTC Pro RXD receiver and an Aeon 4K decoder, with RF over fibre connectivity, in a single unit. By employing SMPTE camera cables, up to two dual channel fibre heads can also be deployed to offer robust performance and simple installation.
Colin Tomlin, Managing Director of Videosys says, “We are proud to be launching our latest 4K CCU System at IBC in partnership with Panasonic, building on a successful working relationship. By combining our award-winning camera control and fibre systems with Panasonic’s cameras we are delivering the next step in radio camera system integration.”
Sivashankar Kuppusamy, Marketing Manager EMEA at Panasonic, said, “Panasonic is committed to finding the best third party integrations for our studio and remote control systems to help our customers fulfil their creative ideas without increasing set up costs and complexity. Videosys has proven to be an important factor in helping realise the potential of 4K, so we feel our customers will appreciate what we can provide together.”
For more information about Panasonic at IBC, visit: https://business.panasonic.co.uk/professional-camera/ibc-2018
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Our quest is to make technology work invisibly together and free businesses to succeed. We believe technology should just work. That businesses will succeed if they can simply focus on their customers, in the knowledge that all the technologies delivering their capabilities work together. That is why we are dedicated to developing products and solutions that are so integrated with our customer’s way of working, that they are almost invisible – the workhorse in the background that powers business success.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
• Broadcast & ProAV gives you the freedom to tell the story with its high quality products and solutions, which ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance across a range of remote cameras, switchers, studio cameras and ENG P2HD. The cinema camera range of VariCam models and the EVA1 are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) making them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
• Communication Solutions offers world leading telephony systems, SIP terminal devices and professional ‘network’ scanners giving you the freedom to focus on the communication and not the connection.
• Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, business tablets, handhelds and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic had a 57% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and tablets in 2017 (VDC Research, March 2018).
• Industrial Medical Vision manufactures applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM camera systems, providing the freedom to see what can’t be seen.
• Security Solutions, built on a heritage of providing evidential quality CCTV footage. Delivering the highest image quality in all environmental conditions using our highly reliable, advanced technology cameras and image recording systems, giving you the freedom to feel secure.
• Visual System Solutions offers the widest range of professional displays and projectors and allows Audio Visual professionals the freedom to create. It leads the European high brightness projector market with a 39% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm FY17 Q3, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2018, the company has expanded globally and now operates 591 subsidiaries and 88 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.4 billion for the year ended March 31, 2018. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global