AW-UE150 supports a variety of 4K interfaces, including 12G-SDI, HDMI, Optical Fibre and IP which supports HDR mode; simultaneous output of 4K and HD
Panasonic has showcased its industry first 4K 50p, HDR integrated PTZ camera for the first time in Europe, at IBC 2018 in Amsterdam.
The AW-UE150 provides images with a smooth and natural look thanks to its 50p sensor, making it well suited to scenes featuring fast movements and high-end applications in broadcast, corporate, education, rental and staging.
Integration is provided across a variety of 4K interfaces, including 12G-SDI, HDMI, Optical Fibre and IP which supports HDR mode. In addition, the camera can simultaneously output both 4K and Full HD.
This new flag ship model is the first in its class to feature 4K 50p and a wide viewing angle of 75.1 degrees horizontally along with 20x optical zoom and 32x intelligent zoom(in HD mode). The camera allows up to three Full HD crops from the single 4K image canvas, this offers greater flexibility and, alongside its compact size, makes it ideal for more challenging camera locations.
Other features include a 1-type MOS sensor, large size tally, various optical stabilizers and New Web UI support.
In addition to the release of the camera, the brand new AW-RP150 remote control unit was also on show offering a large LCD screen for monitoring and menu settings. The controller offers great usability and is single hand operable with a joystick in addition to traditional two hand operation that manages all control operations.
The controller is compatible with the UE150 as well as Panasonic’s previous camera models. The RP150 also adds an SDI input to the LCD panel for control monitoring, and is capable of supporting up to 200 cameras in 20 groups.
“The UE150 is really the reference model within high-end PTZ products. It is quite unique and cutting edge. Its usability is the best on the market and it can control both the cameras and the crop feature, allowing users to manage several video feeds out of each camera,” said Sivashankar Kuppusamy, Marketing Manager EMEA for Panasonic. “When combined with the new camera control unit we feel sure that operators will have a remote camera solution that gives them the best quality achievable in remote camera systems for all kind of markets from corporate installations to very demanding reality TV use.”
The AW-UE150 and AW-RP150 are set for release in December 2018 at a price of €11,000 for AW-UE150 and €4,500 for AW-RP150.
For more information on Panasonic Broadcast & ProAV, please visit: http://business.panasonic.eu/broadcast-and-proav
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Our quest is to make technology work invisibly together and free businesses to succeed. We believe technology should just work. That businesses will succeed if they can simply focus on their customers, in the knowledge that all the technologies delivering their capabilities work together. That is why we are dedicated to developing products and solutions that are so integrated with our customer’s way of working, that they are almost invisible – the workhorse in the background that powers business success.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
• Broadcast & ProAV gives you the freedom to tell the story with its high quality products and solutions, which ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance across a range of remote cameras, switchers, studio cameras and ENG P2HD. The cinema camera range of VariCam models and the EVA1 are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) making them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
• Communication Solutions offers world leading telephony systems, SIP terminal devices and professional ‘network’ scanners giving you the freedom to focus on the communication and not the connection.
• Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, business tablets, handhelds and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic had a 57% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and tablets in 2017 (VDC Research, March 2018).
• Industrial Medical Vision manufactures applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM camera systems, providing the freedom to see what can’t be seen.
• Security Solutions, built on a heritage of providing evidential quality CCTV footage. Delivering the highest image quality in all environmental conditions using our highly reliable, advanced technology cameras and image recording systems, giving you the freedom to feel secure.
• Visual System Solutions offers the widest range of professional displays and projectors and allows Audio Visual professionals the freedom to create. It leads the European high brightness projector market with a 39% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm FY17 Q3, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2018, the company has expanded globally and now operates 591 subsidiaries and 88 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.4 billion for the year ended March 31, 2018. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global