Speedups up to 4x on GPUs when using Twixtor within Nuke and Scratch have been measured over running Twixtor in CPU mode
RE:Vision Effects, acclaimed effects plug-in industry leader and makers of Academy Award winning software, announces Twixtor® 6 with GPU support for The Foundry Nuke and Assimilate Scratch. Create highly engaging slow motion shots with Twixtor without the cost of renting a high speed camera. In order to achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original sequence by employing RE:Vision’s proprietary tracking technology that calculates motion for each individual pixel.
Speedups up to 4x on GPUs when using Twixtor within Nuke and Scratch have been measured over running Twixtor in CPU mode, already known for its speed. Speedups of this magnitude are usually seen with higher end cards. Note that most currently-sold GPUs will provide customers with needed acceleration, including many mobile GPUs for laptops. Of course, the total speedup end-users will see will vary once application overhead is taken into account: this includes disk I/O, internal host buffering schemes, bandwidth of PCIe bus, codec used for footage, etc.
Users are advised that their specific speedups are dependent on system configuration, specific GPU, and features of Twixtor that are used. Customers who have used Twixtor 5 should test the demo to make sure they will see the speedups they desire before upgrading to Twixtor 6.
- Twixtor v6 for OFX hosts only supports 64-bit host applications.
- Nuke 5.1v2 and up, or Assimilate Scratch v4 and up.
- For GPU support, the GPU driver must support OpenCL 1.1. On Windows, check with your manufacturer for updated drivers for your GPU, and make sure you have one that supports OpenCL 1.1. We recommend the latest drivers available.
- For Windows: Windows 7 or 8, 64-bit. Windows Vista support for CPU-only mode.
- For Macintosh. Mac OS 10.7 or 10.8 needed for GPU support, Mac OS 10.6 still supported for CPU mode. It is highly recommended that when on Macintosh to use Mac OS 10.8 or 10.9 for the GPU mode of Twixtor because the OpenCL drivers are more robust and run up to 30% faster than those of Mac OS 10.7. Macintosh OS 10.9 (Mavericks) is needed for Intel HD Graphics GPU support.
- For Linux: GPU with driver that supports OpenCL 1.1
- More detailed GPU info found athttp://revisionfx.com/support/faqs/generalfaqs/gpu-info/
Pricing and Availability
- Node-locked licenses of Twixtor, OFX version, priced at $665.00. Render-only nodes available for $133.00.
- Floating licenses of Twixtor, OFX version, pricted at $997.50. Render-only nodes available for $199.50.
- Volume pricing, and multi-host floating licensing available. Contact email@example.com.
- Upgrade from previous Twixtor, OFX version, node-locked: GUI version $174.95. Render-only $34.99.
- Upgrade from previous Twixtor, OFX version, floating: GUI version $265.00. Render-only $53.00.
- More info here: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/pricing/#ofx3
- Volume discounts available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Demo version available in the download section for each of the products:http://www.revisionfx.com/products/
About RE:Vision Effects
RE:Vision Effects is software development company focused on providing innovative software to create, modify, control, and enhance digital video imagery at the highest quality. Their products have a broad range of applications and are currently used in every phase of television, motion picture, internet and visual effects industries. The company supplies its cutting edge software through partnerships and direct sales for a large segment of customers ranging from at-home editors, wedding and other live event videographers, industrial video providers to those creating high-end effects for commercials, broadcast TV and big-budget films. The founders received a 2006 Academy Award for Technical Achievement for the design and development of this affordable, user-friendly RE:Vision family of software products.
RE:Vision Effects plug-ins are available for Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe After Effects, Eyeon Fusion, Apple Final Cut Pro, The Foundry’s Nuke, Adobe Premiere Pro, Autodesk 3ds Max/Maya Composite, Avid editing systems, Autodesk Systems (Sparks), Autodesk SoftImage, Quantel genQ and others.
Demo material, examples and software are available at http://www.revisionfx.com