RE:Match takes intuitive color and texture matching to a whole new level by addressing common problems on multicam and stereo shoots
RE:Vision Effects, acclaimed effects plug-in industry leader and makers of Academy Award winning software, announces the initial release of RE:Match for Adobe® After Effects® and Adobe® Premiere Pro®. RE:Match takes intuitive color and texture matching to a whole new level by addressing common problems on multicam and stereo shoots. RE:Match is a set of plug-ins to match one view of video or film to another so that it looks as if it was shot with the same camera and settings. RE:Match assumes that both image sequences are taken roughly at the same location but perhaps were not shot at the same time or from the same point-of-view.
For general multicam shoots RE:Match matches, as best it can, one sequence’s overall color appearance to match that of another. For stereo pairs, RE:Match can further refine the overall color match by taking into account that the two views are captured at the same time with a relatively small distance between the views. In addition, RE:Match is also able to propagate color changes into areas that are present in only one view. RE:Match can also make other details, such as reflections, specular highlights, and lens flares be consistent between the two views.
See a video of RE:Match in action! https://vimeo.com/51934700
Nick Brooks, Academy Award and Emmy Award winner for visual effects, says RE:Match provides “amazing color matching for stereo pairs… really!!! The specular and optical aberrations matching is high quality and very effective. Like all RE:Vision Effects software, it’s nicely parameterized for pro-users, but works out of the box.”
Johnathan Banta, stereo pipeline designer, says “The smart guys at RE:Vision Effects have created a very cool toolset that I have been lobbying for for a long time. Brilliant!”
- Ability to globally color correct one sequence to match another.
- Ability to globally color correct a whole sequence based on a particular point in time, or can be performed separately for each pair of frames in both sequences.
- Ability to perform automatic global (whole image) color correction based on a smaller window of pixels for each of the image sequences.
- Works well with over bright values and very wide dynamic ranges.
- Matching for stereo pairs takes advantage of internal per-pixel registration using optical flow methods.
- Stereo pair matching takes into account occlusions.
- Stereo pair matching takes into account that the two images may not have corresponding details at some of the edges of the frame.
- Stereo matching has controls for making details, such as reflections, lens flares and specular highlights match between the two views.
- Methods provided to remove or attenuate on-lens artifacts (such as water drops on a lens).
- Because RE:Match uses internal pixel registration, stereo matching does not require image alignment prior to use.
- Visualization modes are provided to visualize and guide what RE:Match is doing internally.
- Not limited to any particular resolution of images.
- Works on all bit depths, including HDR images.
Availability and compatibility:
- After Effects and Premiere Pro, CS5 or later. RE:Match only supports 64-bit applications.
- RE:Match is now part of the Effections Plus bundle for After Effects.
- RE:Match for After Effects and Premiere Pro is prices at $329.95. Special introductory offer: $249.95 through December 31, 2012.
- RE:Match floating licenses are available for $499.95. Special introductory offer: $379.95 through December 31, 2012.
- RE:Match is now included Effections Plus, v10, for After Effects. Effections Plus is priced at $1199.95.
- Volume discounts available. Contact email@example.com.
- Purchase here. http://www.revisionfx.com/products/rematch/pricing
Demo version download: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/rematch/downloads/
RE:Match is a set of plug-ins to match one view of video or film to another so that it looks as if it was shot with the same camera and settings